Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Quick update! Shows - Hex Nine, Vivian Girls Experience, Northern Liberties, art show..... wow.... busy....

Firstly, let me say how excited and blown away I was today to receive some incredible 'fan art' from someone I traded a Northern Liberties recording to at the 'zine fest! THANK YOU Rebecca George -- you'll be getting a (hopefully) equitable piece of postal mail in return soon!

Now.... here are a bunch of updates on upcoming events I will be involved in. I would like to add links to all the bands etc, but honestly.... it is 3:41, and I am tired and feeling lethargic. I am 'Daisy-sitting' Daisy the crippled pigeon this week, and she is sound asleep in my lap. I am looking at her tightly shut little pigeon eyelids and getting *quite* jealous!

Here's a snapshot of some of what's happening in my corner of the universe, repasted from that waking nightmare of an excuse for a Website, mice-face:

Yes, I am busy.

But, as far as I know, I only live one time. So why not?

There are a lot of things coming up, on my front. There's the ART SHOW opening at Widener University on the 28th. of this month. What I have seen of the other work looks incredible, and I am really excited for this. See postcard below!

HEX NINE have two shows coming up - one this Saturday in west Philly (at The Farm - 4833 Walton - starts early at 7 PM, free with costume) with THE OUBLIETTE ENSEMBLE, THE VULGAR REMEDIES, SUZY SUBWAYS & ISH KLIEN, and another show on Wed. the 19th. downtown at The Khyber (56 S. 2nd. St.) with READING RAINBOW, POPO, and QUAGGA.

NORTHERN LIBERTIES are then playing a sold out show the very next day with THE DEAD MILKMEN and MERCURY RADIO THEATER. We will be featuring some guest musicians from our favorite old-school Philly band RUIN... playing one or two or three RUIN songs, and maybe a new song... who knows? This is all tentative at this point, we have to see how rehearsals turn out before we know what we are able to pull off, musically. This may also yield some top-notch stuff for the collaboration album.

THE VIVIAN GIRLS EXPERIENCE are playing a show for children! It will be at the 'Other Green Line' cafe in west Philly (4305 Locust) from 3 - 6 PM on Sunday, November 16th. We are going to go "whole hog" with costumes. Enid Crow made bonnets, and we hope to also have some crazy blengin style wings. Kids will love it, or they'll at least remember it, ha ha! More details to come - I still have to find out what the other music etc. will be.

Here are the fliers that exist so far. These images are "clickable thumbnails", so you can enlage them by "clicking" on them using your mouse controller. BEHOLD:













No comments: